Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a GE washer WWSR3090T8WW that agitates fine but on

I have a GE washer WWSR3090T8WW that agitates fine but on spin the motor cycles on & off every 1-2 seconds until the motor click off .... clicks back on after a minute or so
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately, this is quite a major issue. What is happening is that power is going to the start winding, but it's not switching over to the run winding when you're running the washer on spin. That is why the motor keeps trying to start up until it overheats at which time it takes a break and cools down before it starts again. Now you said the unit still agitates, but that uses different contacts on the timer for spinning. Unfortunately this means that your motor itself and possibly the timer if the motor took out the timer will need to be replaced. The motor has been completely re-designed and costs about $300 so often times it's not worth repairing, but if you wanted to see if just the motor was bad, I'd order it from because they allow you to return it if you find out that you also need the timer once the motor is replaced. The part number for the motor is wh49x10035.