Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a maytag washer m#WFC7500VW1 that is displaying F06

I have a maytag washer m#WFC7500VW1 that is displaying F06 indicating a communication error. Will not wash. Will work for one load then go back to F06.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up the model number.
Thanks for that Michael.

The meaning of the error code and the corrective actions are listed below.

Drive Motor Tachometer Error

The control is unable to properly detect motor speed and the machine will shut down. If a failure occurs during high-speed spin, the door will be unlocked after 3 minutes.

• Check wire harness connections between the Drive Motor/Tachometer and the Motor Control Unit (MCU), and between the MCU and the Central Control Unit (CCU)
  • Check the Drive Motor
  • Check the MCU
  • Check the Wire Harness

Basically this problem nearly always boils down to a problem with the Motor control, This is the computer screwed to the floor near the motor. First try pulling the wire harness plugs from the Motor control and the main control board, Plug them back in, then try a new load. If this does not clear the problem then the motor control will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.