Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Asko Dishwasher Not Running through Full Cycle

My Asko dishwasher is not running through the cycle. It starts to fill and then stops after a few seconds.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! There are several things that could cause this issue. One very common cause would be a door switch issue. Is the door staying closed tightly or does it seem to have excessive play in it when the door is shut? Another common cause would be the electronic control. Turn the breaker off for about one hour and then see if the behavior changes. Let me know what happens, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The door seems to be firmly in place. I turned the breaker off for an hour and the DW is still doing the same thing. starts to sound like it is filling with water, but then does nothing.

Any humming or buzzing noises?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. It is making a low humming sound.

Okay, that is one of the motors. Does it stay humming even with the door open?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. It stops. Then when I close the door it goes back on after a second or two.

Okay, so it is probably the recirculation motor that will need to be replaced. It has likely seized up since there is a filter that will prevent any large objects from getting into it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Some questions. How would that impact the machine filling with water to start the process the cycle? Is this an expensive part?

The control will stop the water if it "sees" an issue. There also may be water below that is activating the flood mode and drain pump is what you hear running. However, it is designed to run even with the door open. You could remove the lower access panel from below the door to see if it has leaked into the base, but unless the control has issues, the symptoms do not point to that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So is another name for the part a circulation pump? Repair clinic has them online. Do you have any how to instructions for replacement?

What is your model number, please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

asko D3251

The motor for your model is available below. These also had an issue with the capacitor on the LH side, but the motor will still need to be replaced if you find it burnt. To access the motor, pull the unit out and remove the rear access panel from the back of the appliance, if it is on. Some leave the back open. Once you get to the back, you will see two hose clamps and the mounting hardware, it is not hard to get to. However, you will need to replace the hose clamps once you remove the old ones because they are a pressure fit clamp that you will need to cut to get off.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!