Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Help! I am watching my mothers house and appliances are failing!

Help! I am watching my mothers house and appliances are failing! Her dehumidifier which is a Soleusair Model # XXXXX is running but not pulling any moisture from the air. It was fine a few days ago, and the humidity level is still very high here so something is wrong. I checked twice to be sure everything was in place correctly but it still isn't working. Is this repairable? Is it a major repair?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to helping you! Can you tell if the compressor is running?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I will check this afternoon when I get there and get back to you.

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Sounds good, thank you!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Another question I need to ask before I go over there, her microwave isn't heating, and the turn table doesn't turn. The light does comes on. It's a whirlpool (Over the range) Model # XXXXX Is this fixable?

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Does the timer count down or remain still?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

The timer counts down, and it beeps at the end of the time

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Okay, so you have a faulty door switch is all. It is the one with the black, white and orange wires attached to it. The switch is available below.

Door Switch <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Thank you. On the dehumidifier, the compressor is running.

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Okay, that is not good. If the compressor is running, the issue is with the sealed system. It likely has developed a leak and lost its refrigerant. Sealed system repairs run very high due to the specialized tools and expertise required. Even a simple leak repair runs in excess of $200 or more, plus parts. That one is probably not economically repairable.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician