Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Norcold model 963 RV fridge. Out of the blue, it started

I have a Norcold model 963 RV fridge. Out of the blue, it started blowing 3amp fuses. The fuse is accessible from the outside, under a black cover. I replace the fuse, and it blows immediately. Any suggestions?

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! You have a short to ground in the wiring somewhere or some electronic component is shorted. Have you inspected the wiring for issues, especially where they go through holes into the cabinet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I haven't checked the wiring for issues, but I will now.

Okay, play close attention to any areas where the wires are fit into a grommet or small opening. They tend to rub and short there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Kelly, I found that the electrical outlet dedicated to the refrigerator had a short in it. I disconnected it and bypassed it with an extension cord. So, it is working now! I'm going to install a new outlet so I don't have to run it off the extension cord. Thank you, Kelly!

Case closed, good job.

That is great news, thanks for the update. Very well done, nice find!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!