Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Hi, My Kitchenaid KSRA25FKSS00 over temperature alarm rings

Customer Question

My Kitchenaid KSRA25FKSS00 over temperature alarm rings most of the time, had been going on for at least a couple of years...mostly I ignore it.

But - it would be great to figure out away to turn off the sound! Refrigerator and freezer have always cooled fine in the several years I have owned the house.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Lyle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! If the temperatures have been well, the sensors are good. That only leaves the control board as the sensors cannot be intermittent, especially if you have not had temperature issues. The control board is the "brain" of the machine and what initiates the alarm, depending on the input it gets from the temperature sensors. So, with the sensors being good, the control is at fault. The correct control for your model is pictured and available below. It is accessed by removing the screws from the control housing on the ceiling of the fresh food compartment.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Control Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, can I silence the alarm rather than replace part at cost of $177? Thanks!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You can temporarily, but it will reactivate.

■ Press OVER TEMPERATURE (RESET) pad to turn off the
audio alarm and flashing indicator light.

■ The Over Temperature (Reset) feature will continue to activate
every 1¹⁄₂ hours until refrigerator and freezer temperatures are
below 48°F (9°C) and 15°F (-9°C), respectively.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I push the button every time I open the refrigerator - in the vain hope that it will stay off. :). I don't want to fix or replace the alarm, I just want to permanently disable the sound. Tell me how to break the sound device, what wire to snip,....
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
There is no wire, the alarm is soldered directly onto the control board. That board uses SMT components, or Surface Mounted Technology components, that are micro soldered. It is unlikely you will get the alarm off without destroying the control.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So...if I destroy the control what does that mean? Do I lose the ability to control the temperature, etc?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you would need to replace the control at that point or have no refrigerator.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Kelly, appreciate your help!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kelly,

Received an email checking to see if I had rated you yet - which I have, did it go through and you got paid?

Thanks,

Lyle

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure why you would have received that email, please accept my apologies and know that I did get paid and did not send it. I will send this in to be looked at, it may have not registered on their end but did on mine, thank you. Again, I am very sorry you received that email.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey Kelly - no problem at all, I know it wasn't you. Just wanted to make sure that you got paid. Thanks, Lyle

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I did, thank you. Have a great evening, my friend.