Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I JUST BOUGHT A USED FFU2124DW10 FRIDGIDARE UPRIGHT FREEZER

I JUST BOUGHT A USED FFU2124DW10 FRIDGIDARE UPRIGHT FREEZER AND THE LEFT SIDE ON THE OUTSIDE IS SO HOT TO THE TOUCH, YOU COULD FRY EGGS ON IT. IT IS ONLY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SIDE FOR ABOUT A FOOT UP AND DOWN AND IT GOES ALL THE WAY FROM THE FRONT SEAL TO THE BACK PANEL OF THE FREEZER. I KNOW THAT THEY GET WARM ON THE SIDES BUT NEVER THIS HOT. WHAT IS WRONG?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Did you just turn it on today?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, a few hours ago, but they turned it on at the shop where I bought it so it would be cold when it got here. It was cold when it got here and I know it wasn't hot like that when it arrived.

The condenser runs through the walls of the freezer. The first time you turn it on, it will run more to get to temperature. That heat is dissipated through the cabinet walls. It is normal for it to get very hot initially. After it has ran for a while it will get cooler. The freezer is operating normally and will not get that hot after it is filled with food and begins to cycle properly. I totally understand your concern, but there is nothing to worry about. Keep the sides and the top clear so air can move around it and you will have no trouble. Rest easy, all is well....

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank-You very much. You deserve a tip, but I can't afford one right now. I'll catch you next time!! Janet

That is certainly not necessary, but thank you. Please, don't worry about your freezer, it will be just fine. I will be here if you would like to follow up after a few days, there is no charge for that!