Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Maytag MGD9700SQ0 that just beeps when start button

I have a Maytag MGD9700SQ0 that just beeps when start button is pressed. Light shuts off when door is closed and thermal fuse ohm's out good. Is there anything else besides main board that can cause this?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Is it beeping three fast beeps when the start button is pressed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

Okay, that means the door switch is open. I know the light turns off when the door is closed, but there is a second contact in there. Push the door switch at the top of the opening in and out several times and see if it will allow it to start, even momentarily. Let me know what happens, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still won't work. Is there a way that I can "jump" that side of the switch?

Yes, are you comfortable with making electrical connections?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, 100%

Excellent! If you can access the door switch wires, the white and the blue need to be together to close the door switch circuit. The brown wire is for the light so it will not be in the connection. Let me know what happens, please. Oh, be sure to unplug the dryer while bypassing that switch!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It works! I appreciate your help. Looking at the wiring diagram I didn't see the second part of the switch. Thanks again!

Great!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

That switch is available below if you choose to replace it.

Door Switch <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here