Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

symptom only hot water: when in the service mode: quick cycle

symptom only hot water: when in the service mode: quick cycle test passes: output tests pass: can't get into the input test: membrane test all work except two bottom led on the temp, when arrow down is pressed I here three beeps, also hand wash led does not light and makes three beeps
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks! So you are not getting any cold water at all? If you select a cold water wash, do you hear the cold solenoid humming or buzzing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the membrane does not seem to want to select cold water when in normal ops. No buzzing. I get cold water when in the service mode; either when running quick service cycle, or in board output test mode by selecting wrinkle free button.

Oh, okay. So, some of the buttons are not working, is that correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well they beep three times either in normal operational mode or service modes but don't light the corresponding led. the two buttons are lower temp and hand wash.

There is a trick that may prove helpful we should try before looking at parts to replace. Unplug the washer, please. Use a hair dryer to heat the touch pads, especially the ones that don't light up, and rub firmly over them several times. Get them very warm but not hot enough to damage any plastic. Let me know if it changes anything, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok will try,be back soon

Sure, let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tried that, same symptoms

Okay, so no LED's but the same three beeps? May I please have the rest of the model number and the serial number?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sure Maytag Neptune clothes washer

Model: MAH5500BWW

SN: A9220718EG

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Maytag Neptune Clothes Washer

Model: MAH5500BWW

Serial Number: A9920718EG

Thank you. With the issues with the touch pad, I suspect that is the cause of your trouble. If it has issues, it will send strange signals to the main control, causing erratic operation. I would recommend replacing the touch pad assembly, available at the link below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is the membrane a sticker type? Will it be easy for an electronics tech to figure out?

It comes with the entire console. I had issues with my browser and couldn't add any graphics, sorry about that. It will simply plug into the control.

On a side note, if you are an electronics tech, you should check out the Consumer Electronics category and become an expert, if you are interested! If you would like more info, please let me know!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I only use the one week free trial but still give you a $6 tip?

You will need to contact [email protected], I am not exactly sure. I don't want to give you inaccurate information. Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, I was thinking membrane because It would not do all the membrane tests correctly also because it would not go into the board test correctly. However the outputs all worked. Thanks, is there a way I could follow up with you, Kelly? Working or not working?

Oh, of course! Simply save the URL to your favorites or follow a link that has been sent to your email.

If you are interested in playing in the electronics category as a tech, let me know. I can send you the info! It is a lot of fun a great way to make some extra money! I love this site!