Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I recently purchased a DeLonghi portable air conditioner with

I recently purchased a DeLonghi portable air conditioner with heat pump, PAC AN125HPEC, through an online auction site. It appeared to be in like-new condition & I was excited about the fact that I could use it year round, as both a heater & air conditioner in my bedroom.

I had purchased another one from the same online auction, last winter that does not have the heating function &...although that one had signs of prior use, it works great & has kept the main living area of my home comfortable all summer long.

When I got the new one home, I followed the instructions for start-up & operation, which were pretty much the same as my other one. Unfortunately, to my dismay, although the unit comes on fine, the air conditioning mode operates the same as when it is set to the fan
mode. I let it run in the cooling mode, for several hours recently, only to find that when I returned home the area was as hot & humid as when I left it!

I was wondering if there is somewhere that I could take it to have a technician look at it. I don't know if the coolant needs to be recharged or if there is a more serious problem with the compressor.

Thank you,
Suzanne Waggoner
Hello, Suzanne! Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! I am sorry you ended up having trouble with your new air conditioner. That is very frustrating. May I please have your zip code to help me locate a service center near you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My zip code is, 44601

Thank you, Suzanne! I am not showing any DeLonghi servicers in your area,nothing even close. You could take it to any appliance service company, but DeLonghi is not supported by many service companies. Also, sealed system repairs are very expensive due to the specialized tools and training required. Even a simple leak repair will run > $150. However, there is one service company I found near you that may be of help. Their information is below.

Community Appliance Service330-821-2033Alliance, OH 44601

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. I will give them a call tomorrow.

You are very welcome, good luck!