Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Our new Kitchenaid double oven was installed yesterday by our

Our new Kitchenaid double oven was installed yesterday by our cabinet maker and electrician. However they couldn't put the lower door back on because it appears that the two latches at the bottom right and left are in a locked position meaning they are at a 90 degree angle and they don't move at all. How can I unlock the latches to put the door back on? Model KEBS207BSS00.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Can you pull the hinges down using a pair of pliers to leverage them down? There is a locking arm that should then flip down to lock them at a 45* angle for positioning on the oven. Do you see that part?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm at work right now and won't be home until 4 o'clock. I tried last night to pull the latches down but maybe I need to be more forceful.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
They are very hard to do, you have to use pliers to pull them down and then flip the locking levers over to install the door. Once you get a pair of pliers to use to pull them down, you will see how they lock. Let me know if you run into trouble.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will email you when I get home! Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome, have a great day!
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!