Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The red light on me ZD300Y0 humidifier keeps flashing and the

The red light on me ZD300Y0 humidifier keeps flashing and the humidity % is at 1. The bucket is not full and the humidity level will not change. What can I do? I bought it at Home Depot 7/27/11.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! To clarify, the light is flashing with 01 being displayed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That is correct. I did clean the filter and put it back in. When I turned the unit on the humidity reading flashed 65% then immediately went back to '1' and won't allow me to raise it.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! The 1 is actually an error code. It means that the sensor in the tubing from the evaporator coil senses that there is water in the line. That is why the bucket light is flashing, too. This can be caused by several things. First, can you remove the bucket and use a mirror or piece of paper to determine if the tube may be plugged?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will go down and look at that. I will use a mirror. I'm not sure what line I'm looking for, but will see what I can see. Back in a few minutes.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Just locate the tube that drops the water into the bucket and see if it looks plugged with anything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The 'tube is hard black plastic, short and 'L' shaped towards the back of the appliance. I tapped it and got a few drops of water off it but that was all. No way to look into it. Perhaps if I used something flexible (piece of rope, etc) and pushed it into the hole it might dislodge something?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, a piece of plastic tubing works great, if you have some.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was able to feed in about 24" of plastic phone cord. I pulled it out and replaced the bucket. Turned the dehum. on with no change in the results.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so either the sensor or the PCB is faulty. It is impossible to tell which it is for absoluter certainty, so I have linked you to both parts below. It may be worth a call to Home Depot, they may replace it for you since it is not very old.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Sensor Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

PCB Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am rating your service OK only because we were not able to correct the problem. I am hesitant to invest over $100 in the two parts you recommended for a 2 year old $178 dehumidifier! Thank you for your assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I understand and appreciate the feedback. I hope Home Depot will take care of you, I would certainly call them!
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!