Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

i have a jgsp44bey3bb gas stove and the broil will not work

i have a jgsp44bey3bb gas stove and the broil will not work .The ignter on the broil works. The bake works fine . The gas valve on the broil will not produce.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Do you have an AMP Probe to measure amperage?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i have an amp probe. I also put a new igniter on the unit and the igniter works. (Actually i put two igniters on , the first was not oem so i tried the second one which is oem for this model

Are you getting at least 3.2 amps on the broil ignitor when you try to get it to light?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i am getting the 3.2 amps

Then there is a problem with the oven safety valve on the unit, it is not opening when you have the correct amperage. You can click on the blue link below to order the correct part for your unit.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So this would not be a control board issue?

No, the control board does not open the safety valve, if the ignitor is pulling the 3.2 amps it should open the safety valve and let gas out to the broiler...The control board turns on the ignitor to do this...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could the door switch be a issue ?

THe door switch only comes into an issue in a self clean mode, and the broil function is not used during the self clean