Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

My AEG OKO_LAVAMAT 86800 is getting stuck on a cycle. This

My AEG OKO_LAVAMAT 86800 is getting stuck on a cycle. This morning it showed a "c1" signal. I pulled off the water tap, put it back on, set a quick 30 min cold water wash. The cycle kept going from30 to 25 min but there wasa sound of water entering the machine but no water visible.

I turned it off and tried a rinse cycle. Still no water.

Any suggestions?

Catherine
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This may be an inlet valve issue

Can you try the spin only cycle and tell me if it spins correctly?

Also, with no clothes in the machine, try a delicate cycle. Does the water enter now?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It just spinner and I made it finish a cycle. I think it is getting stuck and staying on spin at 18 min and staying there. I put the machine on a short cycle water came in but instead of a cycle being 48 mins it could take two hoursor more. Think the. Motherboard needs replacing.
Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Hi Catherine

You may be right.
Unfortunately there is no way for the homeowner to test this complex board.
How old is the washer and how many times week do you use it?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Maybe eight to ten yrs old. It has started to rust on the front below the electronics panel (we live near the beach) and I was thinking there may be a leak. Over the past month things have been going gradually wrong. The cycle takes forever and I have to stop the machine, kick it on to rinse then spin. The timer is utterly inaccurate and now the C1 message appears.
Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Hi Catherine

OK, in that case I would say that you are probably best advised to put this repair money toward a new machine.

This is coming to the end of its life and replacing the main board is very expensive. You would still then be left with a machine nearly 10 years old, with all of the parts badly worn.

A new machine will carry a full warranty and should last you another ten years.

Sorry it wasn't good news for you

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.