Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

when I start the dishwasher, regardless of the setting, it

when I start the dishwasher, regardless of the setting, it stops within a matter of minutes and it reads E24 next to Rinse agent. can you assist?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So error E24 means that the dishwasher doesn't think it's draining properly. When the error appears, is there water in the tub of the dishwasher? And did you replace the disposal recently by chance? Is this a new install?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is water in the tub- correct. This machine is a year old- this just started to happen

OK so that's a problem. The dishwasher would need to be un-installed and the side panels removed. If you remove the left side panel you should be able to access the drain pump below the tub. That drain pump will need to be removed to check for a blockage. You will also need to disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to make sure it's clear. If it's not clear, then clear the drain line out by snaking it out or blowing compressed air through it. Also, if you find nothing, then the drain pump itself would need to be replaced.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!