Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

have a kenmore front loader He2t model# XXXXX displaying

have a kenmore front loader He2t model# XXXXX displaying f21 error code. will not drain. just replaced pump 6 weeks ago and put everything back together. how to proceed as i suspect it is not the pump this time?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Is there water in the tub that has not pumped out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, but i slowly opened filter to drain it into a pan. all gone now.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so it did not drain out, which is why the F21 code displayed. The filter was clean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes..apparently displaying the garbage that was in there the last time to the main user all items have been checked before washing!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so we need to figure out why it did not drain out. Can you hear the pump running when it should be draining? How much water was in the pump to drain?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't think so unless it is super quiet. the machine just sit there. cleared it and left it unplugged over night - after plugging it in in the mornine it would not do anything- no draining, not even an error code this time.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, how much water was left to be drained when you opened the pump?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2 gallons or so

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, can you turn the pump impeller by hand if you put your finger in the little hole on the RH side of the filter area?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, can you remove the hose from the tub to the pump and see if there is an article of clothing or other debris in there, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i removed the hose from the pump side and felt in there - the only thing i feel way up in there is something that feels like a plastic ball. is that something that should be there? should i remove the hose from the tub end too?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That should be there, good job. How about that other hose, is it clear and easy to blow through?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

which other one? the exit hose from the pump?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the smaller hose that goes out to the drain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did that- all clear

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so that only leaves the pump as faulty or the pump is not getting energized. If you start a spin only cycle, does the pump start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do you do a spin only cycle? "rinse/drain and spin cycle" is the closest i see

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Drain/Spin is the spin only cycle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

took me a bit to get hoses back on. hooked up and put on "rinse/drain spin cycle which is all I have on the display that is close to drain/spin. it is going thru 24 min cylcle now - rinsing. will let you know what happens at drain time.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, pay close attention to the drain pump to see if you can hear it running.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did you get my last reply? not showing up here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

here is shorter version...first try tub filled rinsed and was not pumping but pump made noise like it was weakly trying. water then flooded my floor from my poor clamp job. cleaned up and reclamped tub hose. ran again and it seemed to pump fine this time. what to do?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I would replace that pump, it is likely intermittent. Parts have at least a 90 day warranty, so you should be able to return it for a new one.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!