Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

ice maker not working on lrsc26911tt. is there anyway to test

ice maker not working on lrsc26911tt. is there anyway to test this ice maker. I have water to the door of refrigerator
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator.  First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees.  Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice.  If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad.  If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out.  If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

Just for reference, the electronic water valve is a dual valve so the water dispenser can continue working even if the solenoid for the icemaker failed.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!