Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an LG dlex7177wm dryer thats about 6 years old. The

I have an LG dlex7177wm dryer that's about 6 years old. The other day I did a load and it worked fine. I swapped out the load right away, pressed the power button and nothing. No LED lights, no tone, nothing. The light inside the drum works. I checked the breaker and power is going to the appliance. I tore it down and tested the sensors for continuity like some of the websites suggested. Everything checked out. I changed the main control board because that was the only thing I couldn't test. Once I reassembled the appliance and turned the power on, I get half the lights on the dial and the control bank of lights on, but only if I hold the power button down. So, I assumed the control board was bad and Repair Clinic sent me another one. Guess what? Nothing changed. Same blights come on when I depress the power button. I'm at a loss. Any ideas? Pete B
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you tell me which part you replaced? Did you replace part number EBR39326001?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. After talking to Repair Clinic confirmed the number through them.

It is EBR36858803. It is identical to the original

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so that is the power board. Unfortunately that may have originally been the part that failed, but at this time, your interface display board has failed if only half the lights are coming on. You now need part EBR39326001 to fix your current issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So, the board that has all the lights and LEDs is bad also? How could that happen

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
That is correct. The display board is directly connected to that main power board that you replaced. If the main power board shorted out, it can easily take out the display board with it. It's just the problem with having components connected in series.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK. I'll get one and change it out. Bummer. Thanks for your help

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem, but I'm really sorry for all the problems you're having with your dryer today. I wish it was something much cheaper.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cheaper than buying a new one

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Aye, that is for sure.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.