Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Jenn-Air gas stove top. When the larger burner is

I have a Jenn-Air gas stove top. When the larger burner is on all starters (including those not in use) continue to click. Can this be fixed.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Does it run well on all of the other burners?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes -- it runs fine on the other burners.

it is the larger burner that is giving me a hard time

Great, thank you! That unit uses what is called a Flame Rectification System. The igniters send a message back to the spark module to let it know that the flame is lit and to stop sparking. It uses the moisture in the flame between the igniter and the burner base to create a path to ground to get that message ot the module. So, when lit, is the flame solid in between the sparker igniter and the burner base?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a handyman in my house now taking a look at it and hopefully the 2 of you can figure out the problem. give him a minute......

You bet! If that flame is solid there, have him use sand paper to clean the igniter tip and the area it sparks to. Let me know what happens, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we are good now. thanks

Great!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!