Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My model number is XXXXX 00. Serial number is XXXXX

My model number is XXXXX 00. Serial number is XXXXX The temperature in both the freezer and the refrigerator are constant. I've cleaned the coils. I am collecting water on my maple hardwood floors. I've shut off the ice maker. What is the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Is there ice on the bottom of the freezer floor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, there is no ice on the freezer floor.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Any ice on the back of the freezer that you can see, near the top? Where are you seeing the water at?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, the water is coming out of the bottom of the some place and seeping on to the hard wood floor.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, can you remove the bottom cover from the front of the cabinet, under the freezer door, please? Once it has been removed, you will see a drain pan, shown as number 25 in the picture below. Does that pan appear to be in good shape with no breaks or cracks?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, drain pan is dry and there are no cracks.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, can you see a tube that is above that pan that allows the defrost water to drain into that pan?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, we can see the tube and there is water in it but it does not appear that the drain pan goes back far enough to reach the tube..

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Can you push the drain pan back under that tube or has the tube moved out of position? That pan slides, it is not solid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it does not appear to be the problem -- the location of the pan in relationship to the tube seems compatible.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so the tube is draining into the pan. So, that means that the water is not making it into the pan from the evaporator tray. It is very likely that the defrost drain has plugged and the water is being redirected and leaking onto the floor. Since the refrigerator is built in, pulling it out would be the last resort, especially since you have maple flooring that would likely be damaged. I would leave the doors open for 12 hours with the appliance turned off to allow the drain to thaw naturally. You could totally disassemble the freezer to access the drain, but that also is a very difficult process. I know it is a hassle to have the unit off for 12 hours, but you will likely be much further ahead doing so rather than trying to manually disassemble it or pull the appliance out.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!