Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Estate gas range. Cant get pilot light to stay on

Estate gas range. Can't get pilot light to stay on
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Are you having issues with all of them or just the oven?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just the oven
Great, thank you! The thermocouple is shown as number 14 in the diagram. The pilot flame needs to heat that up to keep itself running. When you hold the thermostat knob in to light the pilot, does the flame engulf the tip of that thermocouple?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is the flame too small or does it not light at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Small blue flame
Okay, let's try something before we look at any parts replacement. If you can, go ahead and light the pilot, keeping the thermostat knob held in to keep the flame on. Use a screwdriver or other tool, even a butter knife, to tap on the gas line right where the blue flame is. Does that flame get larger?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'll give it a shot. If that doesn't work what's next step?
Well, if that does not work, the thermostat, which also serves as the safety valve, will need to be replaced. The correct part for your model is pictured and available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Modulating Thermostat Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It got a little bigger but not covering the bulb
Okay, so you will need to replace that modulating thermostat assembly I linked you to above. Great job walking through the diagnostic steps, very well done!