Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My 2 drawer kitchenaid dishwasher model number is XXXXX

My 2 drawer kitchenaid dishwasher model number is XXXXX The bottom drawer lights are on 4 hr delay, start, cancel. I cancel it but no other option light can be pressed on. What's going on?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Unplug the dishwasher or turn the breaker off for about 5 minutes. Does anything change?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No

Okay, so all the lights are the same and only the cancel button works?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Those are the only three lights that come on. When I press start, all three light up. Cancel clears it.
Okay, one last small test before we discuss part replacement. Can you turn the breaker off and then use a hair dryer to heat the program buttons and rub firmly over each several times while heating and then, once again, see if anything changes, please? Be careful not to get it too hot as to damage the plastic.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay, it worked until I reopened the drawer and now again only 4 hr delay, start, and cancel light up.i can clear it but no other button like normal wash lights up when pressed.
OKay, well you will likely have luck with the heat if you are persistent. It can take some time but will save you > $200 in replacing the panel. What that does is help to dissipate and evaporate the moisture behind the touch panel that is causing it to "glitch." If you would like a link to the part for replacement, I can get you that as well. I would try more heat since it was initially responsive. Let me know and I can get you that part link, if necessary.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How long do I use the dryer on the panel?
Do I have to keep turning off the breaker?
Yes, turn the breaker off. I would heat and rub over the buttons for about 30 minutes. I know it is a huge hassle, but the alternative is a $218 part that is a factory order.