Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

my GE spacesaver microwave oven touch buttons is not working.

my GE spacesaver microwave oven touch buttons is not working. When it is plugged in, it is asking to set the time but none of the buttons is working.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model number is XXXXX

Thank you!

Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Cut the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while "massaging" the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information, if necessary.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

warming up the panel doesn't work.

Do any of the buttons work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, the beverage button

Thank you. The touch panel will need to be replaced. It is available from the site below.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!