Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Top Oven on a JKP45WOP2WG is not working. Gets to about 110

Top Oven on a JKP45WOP2WG is not working. Gets to about 110 degrees. Bottom is working fine. Lite is out but I think it burned out before it started acting up.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Have you tried both bake and broil? Does either option heat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just tried it Broil seems to be working. Bake is not.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK perfect, that limits the possibilities to only 1 of two things. Either you have a bad bake element, or you have a bad display relay control board that is not sending power to the bake element. You'll need to turn the circuit breaker off and then open the oven door and remove the oven racks. Unscrew the screws holding the element onto the back wall and pull the element out carefully so that you don't lose the wires behind the oven. Disconnect the wires and test continuity through the heating element. You should have between 5 and 50 ohms and if not, you need a new element. If you do have continuity, then you need to replace the display control board.

Now if you don't have a multimeter to test, bring that element into a local appliance parts store like Sears Parts and Service, and they'll test the element and let you know if it's good or not.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will not be able to test today.. If I need a new element or control board what are the part numbers and who on line would you recomend purchasing these its from.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK that's understandable. The display board is part number wb27k5047 and the element is part number wb44k5013. The element is by far going to be the more likely part that has failed.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Oh sorry, I would would recommend ordering them from Searspartsdirect.com or Repairclinic.com if you need them although I don't know who would have the display board since it appears as though it hasn't been made in a few years.