Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Dishwasher did not resume operation after a brief power outage.

Dishwasher did not resume operation after a brief power outage. Water remained in dishwasher. "Heavy" light is on, and will blink about four times when pushed, then reverts back to solid light. Unit does not respond to "cancel/drain" or to "Start/Resume".
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

The first thing to try is to shut the breaker off for 5 minutes then turn it back on again and attempt to set the drain cycle. If this does not work get back to me, thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After 5 minutes, still not change, "heavy" remains on

Ok Bruce sounds to me like the control board has got fried when the power went out, This will need to be replaced, To do this open the door, take the screws out around the inner liner behind the control panel, Lift the control panel out, You should then be able to replace the control board (few screws and swapping wires from old to new control)

If you need the part number please feel free to get back to me with the full model number, this will be located on a sticker around the door jamb along with the serial number.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.