Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Had flashing lights and clicking sound on door of Maytag model

Had flashing lights and clicking sound on door of Maytag model No. MFI2568AEB.
Ordered new HV control board, installed today and can't get past PE0000 to program new HV board.

HELP!!!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

What is the serial number of your unit?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

10631441JP

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
Deb,
I went to the MFG service site, you have the wrong board in your unit. you will need to replace it with the correct borad, that is why it comes up with PE0 000 and you cannot change it, click on the blue link below to order the correct one...

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The part number you told me to purchase is NOT CORRECT. IT IS NOT

COMPATIBLE WITH THE MODEL NUMBER.

it is for a completely different model type frig.

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
Who told that?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

At this point I am so tired, my repair person and I worked for 3 hours trying to program the frig. I took your part number and cross referenced it with the model number my frig. is, and it came up NOT COMPATIBLE.

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
I understand you are tired, however I was a FACTORY TECH, I have done this 100 times, If the board won't program you have the wrong board, FYI what is you program code you are trying to put in?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Code 0302 How do you know it is not the low voltage board in the door or even the keypad at this point.

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
It is never the low voltage board, the problem you have is caused by the HV Board on the unit... You have spent 3 hours trying to program the board and it does not program, There is even another board that can be used also, these boards are backwards compatible, you can't use a older board in place of a newer one. If you think your tech knows what he is doing then listen to him... Otherwise get the board I quoted you. PS I have the same unit in my Butcher Shop. Have even replace the H.V. Board in it for the same problem you are having..