Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Whirlpool YKAWE860WW0 drains but does NOT spin

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Often times on this unit when the washer stops spinning, it will stop agitating as well. Can you start a cycle and see if the washer still agitates after it fills?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I started a new cycle and now it doesnt agitate either.

OK perfect. So this means that you have a common and inexpensive part that has failed. The motor coupler is used in place of a belt on these direct drive units and it needs to be replaced. The part number is XXXXX and it only costs about $15. Below is a link to the part. Also, at the bottom of the link is a video that shows you how to replace the part if you wanted to do it yourself.

CLICK HERE for motor coupler and video

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my husband changed the motor coupler a couple of months ago and fixed the problem but same problem again. could it be something else or he not do a good job.

Not really, jus bad luck I would guess. Sometime pounding the coupler onto the shaft can cause fractures that will cause it to fail early so be careful when installing the couplers.