Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I too have a thermador range (GSC30B) and the oven requires

I too have a thermador range (GSC30B) and the oven requires that you push the CANCEL button about three times to ensure it is turned off. The spark ignitor also does not work. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So why do you think that the display board controls the spark? Because for the most part, it's completely independent unless it thinks the oven is locked for self clean or something like that. And are all the cooktop burners not sparking at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

one of the range part guys told me the the control for the spark is done by the clock module. I was a little surprised since I have to believe it id a single spar circuit that is activated by the burner's knob switch. But since all 4 burners do not have spark ignition anymore I am looking for an answer and where to check the spark voltage.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So the parts guy is incorrect. If none of your burners spark, you need a new spark module. The spark module is the ONLY part that stops all the burners from sparking. As for the cancel button, there really isn't much you can do to fix that other than replace the display board itself.

In addition to that, the spark module is mounted under the cooktop and there is a 20mm hex not bolt made of brass mounted directly in the middle of the burner base that would need to be removed on all the burners in order to lift the top up so that you can replace the part.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you know the voltage of the spark module and if there is a replacement part? And where I might obtain one that would work?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So the problem is that this is quite an old unit so it doesn't come up on the part look-ups. You'd need to contact Repairclinic.com or Searspartsdirect.com with your model number and they can give you a part number, but they'll be looking on micro fish slides for this unit since it's so old.

That being said, the spark module just has 120 volts going to it, but the power comes directly from the house power cord so unless the oven or display isn't working as well, then your spark module should be getting power.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.