Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Sansung RF267AARS frenchdoor refrigerator ice maker

Customer Question

I have a Sansung RF267AARS frenchdoor refrigerator ice maker does not work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you may just have not given it enough time. The icemaker will not cycle until it is lower than 10ºF and just like a piece of meat, it doesn't just cool down to 10 degrees that quickly. Give it 24 hours and see if it fills with water. If not, then you have a problem. Probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator.  First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees.  Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice.  If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad.  If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out.  If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The ice maker now cycles but in the three days it has only produced 18 ice cubes. I've cleaned the compressor coils with a vacuum and air compressor. This is a pain I can eat them faster than it makes them!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So make sure the freezer is about 0 degrees. If it's above, it will make ice slowly. In addition to that, make sure that the icemaker is filling up the entire mold with ice/water and not just 1 or 2 cubes. If all that checks good, the icemaker would need to be replaced.