Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Ken washer fills , drains , quits in about a minute. Timer

Ken washer fills , drains , quits in about a minute. Timer moves really fast does nut let unit wash or spin.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the timer on the washer actually starts in the correct spot, but it will physically move all the way to the end of the cycle in about a minute---is that correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes,hi Doc
So there is only one part that can cause this problem and it's not the timer. The motor control board mounted to the floor below the tub actually sends power to the timer for the timer to advance once it thinks it's done with a portion of the cycle. Unfortunately the motor control board is apparently always sending power to the timer to advance so that motor control unit needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace to fix this issue. It costs about $160 or so.

CLICK HERE for motor control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!