Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Type your question here. My has dryer has been rejetted for

Type your question here.
My has dryer has been rejetted for propane it the burner stopped lighting but egnighter seems to be working fine lights up bright orange it's almost like it is not getting propane what can I do ?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Was the dryer working before you changed it to propane?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes it's been on propane for about 2years
OK, so if the igniter is glowing, then all the thermostats and controls are working, unfortunately you have a problem with your gas valve itself. Make sure you have gas getting to the dryer from your house. If so, then your gas valve would need to be replaced because it's not opening to allow gas to flow I'm afraid to say.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is a older dryer should I fix or will it be so $ that I should buy a new one ?
The cost of a new gas valve is about $150, so unless you feel comfortable replacing the part and messing with gas lines yourself, it wouldn't even be worth it. But I would think getting a new dryer is the better option either way.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the help
Not a problem and I wish you only the best.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How should I check to see if I am getting propane from tank to dryer it runs of 5 gallon tank with rubber hose which has a has valve on it to I think
Turn the gas off. Then disconnect the gas line from the back of the dryer. Then turn the gas on for a second or so and see if gas comes out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is there any tricks to minipulate has valve or to unstuck it Becuse it's getting propane to dryer so that's the problem
Not really you can try to tap the valve with a small hammer or screwdriver handle, but if it won't open, then the valve would need to be replaced.