Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I am trying to unplug my subzero fridge drain line. Is it safe

I am trying to unplug my subzero fridge drain line. Is it safe to poke a wire into it, and if so, how long is the drain line (ie how long a piece of wire is needed?). Can I damage anything by trying this? I saw a subzero tech do this a couple of years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

You can definitely damage the drain line if you try to stick a wire through it. It's a much better idea to blow through the drain line with an air compressor. The drain line is quite long. It goes from the start of the drain hole, all the way down to below the refrigerator and then forward a bit after a 90 degree angle.