Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Hi, I have a Thermador "Professional" range and the griddle

Hi, I have a Thermador "Professional" range and the griddle will not light. The ignitor does not glow, but I've checked it and measures 108 ohms. What's my next step?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Can you measure voltage at the igniter when the griddle is turned on, looking for 120 VAC? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kelly,

I can not find the model #, still working on that.

I've checked and I've got 0v at the ignitor with the thermostat dial in the on position.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, and the other burners and oven(s) work fine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, everything else is OK.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so the issue lies with the griddle thermostat if it is not applying power to the igniter. The power comes into the thermostat and out to the igniter, so it is not making it through the thermostat.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, there seem to be two elements, the box with the wires and dial, and the thermostat component itself. Is there any way to tell which of those is the problem?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Does your grill burner look like the pictures below, including that style of igniter? Or is the igniter a large rectangular style?

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the rectangular style.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so the part that will likely need to be replaced is the part that you turn to heat the griddle. That is where the contacts are that must connect to energize the igniter.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!