Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

The situation: I ran my Electrolux EWDW6505GS dishwasher

The situation:

I ran my Electrolux EWDW6505GS dishwasher last night before bed.

This morning, it was beeping and displaying Error Code 3.

I opened it, and saw some undrained water.

I hit the Cancel button, which cleared the error.

I then chose Rinse Only mode, hit Start and closed the door.

This dishwasher is very quiet, so it is hard to tell when it is doing something, but I heard no noise whatsoever for about 40 seconds, and then the beeping started again and it displayed Error Code 11.

The touch pad stayed locked out for a while, then eventually allowed me to cancel and try again, which has the same results and displayed Error Code 11 after 40 seconds or so.

My questions:

1) Do you have any suggestions as to what I might try to get the dishwasher working again?

2) I'm a handy and patient person, with access to a fair selection of tools, including multimeters, but with limited dishwasher experience. If you think this is a failure of a valve or pump, might it be realistic for me to troubleshoot the problem or even replace parts on my own?

3) If you do advise that I might be able to replace a failed part on my own, can you point me to service documentation or provide some general guidance on accomplishing that?

I'm a reasonable person who realizes you can't train me to become a dishwasher repair person, so I'll be satisfied with honest answers, even if the news isn't good :)

Thanks,
Brian
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The error code 03 indicates that the main wash motor is faulty. The 11 error simply means that the control does not know what position the drain valve is in. I suspect you have a faulty wash motor as the error code suggests. Any light humming or buzzing noises when the machine is started?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Because of the excellent insulation on this dishwasher, I sometimes don't even notice it is running. But, in a quiet house this morning, with my ear up to the door, I didn't hear anything at all after hitting Start and closing the door.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Not even a click of a relay?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I just tried it again.

The door latched, I heard the three rising tones it always plays when about to do something, then I did hear a relay trip.

Then there was about 40 seconds of dead silence, followed by the error beeps.

It probably doesn't mean anything, but this time it didn't lock out the touch control panel after the error.

And just to be clear, I only saw Error 03 once today, when the unit was beeping and I first looked at it.

Since then, I've only seen Error 11.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
The diagnostics may prove helpful. See if you can get the wash motor to run by entering the diagnostics (instructions below) and scrolling to the Cont-S.

graphic
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

When I choose Cont-S, hit Start and close the door, I don't hear the tri-tone or a relay click. After 40 seconds or so, I get the error beeps and Error 11 on the display.

(Probably unrelated, unless I'm experiencing an electronics failure, but I do notice that one of the LED segments on the display isn't working, and I'm sure that wasn't the case yesterday.)

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
That sequence should have initiated the motor. Since no relay click and the error 11, I suspect you are having a control problem. The main control is at the bottom of the appliance, behind the access panel. I would recommend replacing that control and have linked it below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Control <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks very much!

Are you saying I can ask follow-up questions even after rating your answer?

FYI, I just remembered that we had a really odd power brown-out for a few seconds last night that really upset one of our DVRs--so that supports your theory of a control failure, too. That LED segment being out fits, too, perhaps.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Of course, you can ask away until we get it figured out! There is never a penny extra charge for that! I do have the complete service manual for that model, if you would like me to send it, too.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

That would be most appreciated, Kelly! Thanks for the offer.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
You bet! The more information you have, the better! That manual is available below. Let me know when you get that control if you run into trouble!

Service Manual <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE SERVICE MANUAL

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!