Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Ge profile side by side fridge not running. Display is blinking

Ge profile side by side fridge not running. Display is blinking zeros from left to right. Any thing I can try?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you've already tried to unplug the refrigerator and the display does nothing but blink zeros, you just have a faulty display control board I'm afraid. It's getting power from the main control board or else it wouldn't display anything, which means that the display board itself will need to be ordered and replaced to solve the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the fastest way to repair?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Fastest way to repair would be to go to Sears Parts and Service center tomorrow and pick up the display board and replace it yourself tomorrow. 2nd fastest way would likely be to call a local servicer (not Sears) and they can usually come out same day or within 1-2 days.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume that I can access the control board from the front? Do I need to get to the back of the appliance? Do I need to access from inside the door? By the way, I also lost power to my house today. Problem arose after power came back on.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So the power outage might prove to have more problems once you replace the display board I'm afraid, but at this time you just need to replace the display board and go from there.

You only need to get to the back of the appliance to unplug the refrigerator. Otherwise, you do not need to access from inside the door or behind the refrigerator. Everything is done from the front.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, we will try that tomorrow morning. Thanks for the help.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and I wish you only the best.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.