Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have GE Profile Spacemaker microwave Model JVM2070SK02, however

I have GE Profile Spacemaker microwave Model JVM2070SK02, however Mine works fine except that the fan button below the keypad has been difficult to engage. we have had to press harder over time. Now i think my wife pressed too hard and the button is now recessed and not operable.
I cant seem to figure out how to remove the facetrim to view behind and am afraid of breaking it. can the buttons / switches just be replaced and how complicate dis it to reomove the parts and complete
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you're going to try to want to remove the control panel and see if there is anything you can see that you can possibly repair or re-clip back in place because that control panel comes as an entire assembly which is about $350. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for part

To remove the control panel, you'll need to first remove the screws coming in from above the vent panel. Once you remove these screws the control panel will pull to the left and then off. That will expose a screw at the top of the control panel. Remove this screw, unplug the microwave, and then the control panel will pull up and off so that you can try to look at the back and see if there is something you can repair easily, or if you need a new control panel.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are only 2 screws on the top front portion of the unit above the tilting vent . one is far right top and the other is far left top. Are these the only 2 screws i see except a small one underneath the panel. this is an under cabinet ( above range ) mounted model . Does that amke a difference

That is correct, those are the only 2 screws you need to remove to remove panel.

But yes the microwave I know is an over the range unit since you gave me a model number so the instructions I gave you are specific to your model.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I got it apart and the button back in place. Its still hard to operarte without a forceful push with the knuckle of you index finger. Dont they sell the buyttons and switch asembly separate? do they really amke you buy the whole keypad which in this case is fine ?

Unfortunately they don't sell the buttons separately I'm afraid. Those buttons breaking is the most common reason why one needs to replace the entire control panel. It's just a really bad design.