Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have an older model under the counter Fridgedaire dishwasher.

I have an older model under the counter Fridgedaire dishwasher. The Cascade soap tablet will not dissove. The little door on the soap dispenser is opening but sometimes the soap package stays stuck in the door or else it just falls to the bottom of the washer. Not sure what the problem is?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! If you start a cycle and open the door, how much water is in the tub? Does it sound like it is being sprayed around?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes and the dishes are wet and it seems to be warm as there is steam coming out of the door when you open it.

Okay, well for that soap to dissolve, it has to have three things: water, heat and recirculation. One of those is missing. If the water level is good and it is getting hot, the recirculation may be poor. Place an empty bowl in one of the rear corners of the top rack, right side up. Allow the dishwasher to run for about 5 minutes. Is the bowl full of water?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay thanks I will go do that

Sounds good, let me know what you find, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Kelly

The bowl is full but the water is cool. So maybe it's a heat issue?

It very well could be! When you start a cycle, run the water at the tap until hot. That heater is only capable of heating the water 1* every 4 minutes. So, if you don't run the water at the tap, the cycles will last a very long time and the tablet will not dissolve properly. So, try that and if the problem persists, you likely have an intermittent water valve or the heater is not heating.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!