Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My kenmore front load washer door is locked & the power button

My kenmore front load washer door is locked & the power button doesn't work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Unplug the machine to begin with. Can you see any water in the tub that has not been drained out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't tell if there is water in the drum

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, has it been unplugged for a while now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It had been unplugged for more than 5 minutes butt

That did not help

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, and what happens when you press the power button? Does it give three short beeps or what exactly happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing it seems dead no sound no light & I already checked my breakers

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a ground fault outlet in the laundry room that may have tripped at the outlet itself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The outlet is fine its working

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so if the outlet is good and you are certain it is working, the control is likely at fault and will need to be replaced. If you need to get the door open to retrieve your clothes, you can remove the three screws from the bottom of the front panel and set that panel aside. Reach up the RH side of the door, behind the front panel, and there will be a release lever on the bottom of the door lock. If you pull that lever, it will manually unlock the door so you can get the clothes out. To replace the control, you will need to remove the three screws at the back of the top panel and slide the panel back and lift it off. The control is in the RF corner, near the top of the machine.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!