Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Frigidare frig--power outage. When power was restored, light

Frigidare frig--power outage. When power was restored, light is on but display panel off. I tried unplugging to reset several times with no success....please help
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure. Where can I find that information on the appliance?

It will be on a tag in the fresh food section, usually near the top, even on the ceiling.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much! Is the refrigerator still cooling or is it totally dead?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The power is on but I don't hear a compressor....I'm guessing its not cooling....temp display panel off too, as I mentioned

Okay, and no fans running inside?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It doesn't sound like it

Thank you. Since the light is on, we know there is power to the refrigerator. When the power was restored, the voltage likely spiked and damaged the main control board. The main board is mounted in the refrigerator where the temperature is adjusted and is available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!