Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Besides the light not coming on, about the same time, the dryer

Besides the light not coming on, about the same time, the dryer will continue to tumble when the door is open.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Hello can you please give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Ok Cindy thanks for that, The problem here will be a bad door switch, You can verify this by opening the door, looking around the door jamb for the lever that operates the door switch, If when you press it you don't hear a click or see the light go on and off the switch is bad.

To replace the switch pull the lint filter out, shut the power off then take the 2 screws out from under the lint filter. Next grab a screw driver and lever the top panel up until each side pops up, next lift the top, you will see the lid switch, Disconnect it from the wire harness, take the 2 screws out around the door aperture next to the door switch lever, you can now replace the switch :)

Below I have included a link where you can buy the new switch.

To order your replacement part>>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

I would like to earn your highest rating Cindy, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.