Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Maytag stove is just under 4 years old. Model #YMER8875WW0. I

My Maytag stove is just under 4 years old. Model #YMER8875WW0.
I had preheated the oven as always, and placed food in oven to cook. 20 Minutes later when I checked the food it was burning on the bottom. I could see the glow of the elements on the outer edge of the oven bottom. Oven seemed very hot almost like the self clean was on. I cancelled the bake cycle and oven still didn't seem to shut off properly. A message came across the display saying: Fault Detected....disable power to clear. I cancelled again, then oven seemed to shut off. After it cooled down I tried the Bake feature again, only to receive the message: Feature not Available. So after speaking with a Maytag rep. We unplugged the stove for approx. 5 hours, hoping the system would reset itself. It did not. Same thing happened again today. The oven is clearly too hot for the temperature indicated. And today, the temp disappeared out of the display area even though I had not cancelled the bake cycle. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to helping you! This is a dangerous scenario, make sure you leave the range unplugged! The oven control is at fault and will need to be replaced. The relays became welded together initially and now the program has experienced issues. That control is shown as number 6 in the diagram and is available below. All connections will simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy repair. The control is accessed by removing the rear access panel. Be sure to leave the range unplugged until the part is replaced or you may have an overheat situation which could be not good!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Oven Control <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I was afraid it was bad news, but I thank you very much for your prompt answer. Have a great dayCool

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
You as well, thank you!