Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

GAS CONTROL VALVE SAYS ON FOR A FEW MINUTES THEN DIES OUT,

GAS CONTROL VALVE SAYS ON FOR A FEW MINUTES THEN DIES OUT, INCLUDING PILIOT
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Is this on a fryer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wanted to make sure. Are there other appliances hooked to the gas supply that are working? Just making sure it is not a gas supply issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

was never an issue before

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so if the gas supply is adequate, you can try to replace the thermocouple, but the valve is likely faulty since it initially works and then drops out. I believe the valve will need to be replaced.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

but it only drops out when it gets real hot- its not turning off- I can here the theremostate clicking on at 200 degrees (set at 350) and the regulator drops out when the oil starts to smoke (425 Degrees). Opinion?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Oh, I misunderstood you. So the regulation of the temperature is only due to the valve closing? There is a safety thermostat that is likely opening then. If the thermostat is not regulating the temperature properly, it will need to be replaced. Do you have a specific model number from the fryer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ModEL SLG 40 SERIAL# XXXXX

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! That model does allow the thermostat to be calibrated if you want to try that before replacing the thermostat.

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Your graphic does not load- do you have a part number also and written instructions?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, not sure why it won't load, but instructions are on page 9 & 10 of the manual below.

CLICK HERE

Thermostat part number P5047590.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!