Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Whirlpool stove. We had a power surge and GFI circuits were

Whirlpool stove. We had a power surge and GFI circuits were tripped . A/C had problems, ets. Whrilpool stove self clean 465, stove top works, oven controls don't even light up?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Do the burners get red hot? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The tag is behind the drawer on the LH side.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, the tenant will not be home for another 30 minutes.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Oh, that's okay. Just post back when you can, I will be here all day!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You bet! I look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

rh1323131 rf360bxewp

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Do the burners still get red hot? Do the lights that indicate the burners are on come on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried the burners when I was over there and the burners got warm, but I didn't stay to see them red hot.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, that is actually good news! It means that you lost one side of the 240 VAC required to run the range. Turn the breaker totally off, even if it does not look tripped, and then turn it back on. Does the display come back on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No change.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a meter to test the voltage at the outlet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes--- but I am not there. It is one of our rental houses. Tenant not able to help. I can go over there if needed but is there things I can ask her to do while I'm not there

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Well, at this point, we know the voltage is not there if the burners don't get red hot. So, you will just need to find out why the voltage is not getting to the range. There will be either 3 or 4 wires on the cord that is attached to the range. There will be three terminals on the connector block. You should read 240 VAC between the two outside terminals and 120 VAC between each outside terminal and the middle. You will find that the outside terminals will likely read 0 VAC. I will be here if you need help testing the voltage, but that is where the trouble lies.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'll contact you tomorrow and update you. Thanks

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, thank you!
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Checked the terminal with meter- all is good 120, 220 now what

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so you have 240 across the two outer legs and 120 between center to each outside, but the top burners still don't get red hot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The top burners work fine, oven does work at all. The control panel doesn't light up and. don't come on

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I must have misunderstood you. You initially said they got warm but not red hot. If the top burners are working, you have a faulty oven control. The correct control for your model is available below. It is accessed for replacement by removing the rear access panel.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Oven Control <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL