Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience

Type your question here.How do I remove the front display

Type your question here.
How do I remove the front display bezel etc. to get access to a broken ice cube flapper mechanism on a Sears Model 795.71033.010 refrigerator?
Submitted: 8 months ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to helping you! The instructions are below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

If I understand the pdfs you sent, I should be able to gain access to the parts from the front of the door, starting at step 3-10 Dispenser. It's not clear though that the pictures in this step really fits the mechanism that we have.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
The design is a bit different but the process should be the same. The breakdown below is of your model. I will see if I can find a different instruction sheet more specific to your model.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Thank you Kelly. The last image you sent does indeed pertain to our model refrigerator as I used the same image to order the replacement assembly 278A. Look forward to the new instruction sheet.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Here ya go!

graphic
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Kelly:

I don't mean to sound ungrateful but the picture you provided appears to show a front bezel assembly in which the cover stands proud of the refrigerator door itself. In our assembly everything is absolutely flush with the door surface. I could see no small pry holes of the kind shown in the above image.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Hmmm, those are the only two LG dispenser designs. Can you post a picture?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I've taken a photo and am now trying to attach to this reply; didn't have much luck the first time. Think I got it this time.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX just a few minutes. The delay is that I have to cross the Kenmore model to an LG model to get the manual. Your model does not cross directly, so it takes a bit of research to find it. That will help, thank you!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

No problem.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
I am going to open your question for others to see while I search in case another has the info ready right away.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Thanks.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
You are very welcome. Thanks for your patience.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I've been off watching some sports events. I did notice that the plastic bag that the repair parts Sears sent to me had an LG label on it; it was called the 'Funnel' assembly. The assembly PN# XXXXX ADW72930001 - whether that helps or not. Incidentally, I may have to shut-down the PC for the day; what do I do to track your potential responses?

Thanks.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
You can follow a link from your email to get back. I have yet to find anything but have only crossed about 15 parts to LG, but they all go to incorrect models. I have not given up, though!
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 7 months ago.

I’m Michelle, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Michelle-Moderator
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Michelle:

I only now saw your post. In answer to your question I haven't found an answer yet so I would still appreciate assistance from one of the professionals.

Thanks, Tony

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Michelle-Moderator
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Michelle:

No additional assistance is needed while I wait: I may have to break-off in a few minutes though - my day job!

Tony

Hello again,

We are still working with our professionals’ to find you the best possible match. But I wanted to touch base to see if you were still needing our professional's assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,

Michelle~Moderator
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Michelle:

I am willing to wait.

Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

If you look under the display there maybe some slots the can are use to pry display off, the rest is obvious from there on. I do not believe this model is the one you grip and pull the whole assembly out at once. Please let me know of you see the slots that I am referring to....Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Jason:

I do see the slots: I had stuck a screw driver into each (some time ago) and did pry a bit but was unsure of what direction to pry.

Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.
Pry the display toward you by turning a flat headed screwdriver in the slot....
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Were you able to get the display apart, or do you need further assistance?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Jason:

Yes - I was able to get the display off last night! I found that by inserting a flat-bladed screw driver into each slot then twisting released retaining prongs along the bottom. Thereafter, pried display edges on front of refrigerator. Actual part replacement very easy.

Thanks much for your help.

Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.
Great, if you feel that I answered your question, please give me a good to great rating for doing so. Thanks
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience: 15yrs experience