Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

We have a Pitco Frialator model#SG14R-JS electronic ignition

We have a Pitco Frialator model#SG14R-JS electronic ignition and pilot light is out and won't relight. We followed directions in manual to try to get started. We keep getting ignition failure on indicator panel. A couple days before I was getting a probe open message but we unplugged and plugged in and that seemed to work. Now this is happening. Is this something I need to call an expert or is there another solution I am missing?
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

You likely have a bad high temp sensor. When that happens it will give you the probe open error. When the sensor is out it will not light. This is a job for a tech on that unit. I would not advise doing this yourself as it is a technical job.