Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

my washing machine will not work I get the code (fl) in the

my washing machine will not work I get the code (fl) in the display window
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

The meaning of the error code and the corrective actions are listed below.

FL Failed to lock Door lock monitor switch in door lock mechanism unable to communicate to control board the door is locked. 1.Check wire connections in harness leading from machine control board to door lock mechanism.

2.Check solenoid and door lock enable switch in door lock mechanism.

3.Replace responsible component.

Basically either the door lock assembly is going to be bad (more common) or the control board is failing to lock the door because it has failed. You should start by checking the wire harness that runs from the control to the lock, If this is good I would replace the door lock assembly since this is your likely problem.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.