Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a GSH25SGPASS GE fridge. Came home from trip and opened

I have a GSH25SGPASS GE fridge. Came home from trip and opened fridge, light was on but nothing else worked. Took off cover for control board and one of the capacitors was burnt. I will need to replace the board but wanted to make sure that there wasn't a different causal part and the board was only the victim.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Was there an identifing label near the burnt capacitor?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not that I can see. Is there a way I can upload a picture of the board?

Yes please do, you should have a paper clip on a tool bar, use that to upload the picture

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay good, isn't it terrible when this happens always when you are away? I am glad you sent the photos, I wanted to make sure that the problem was not in the defrost system that caused the board to burn, it was not, you should only have to replace the board with a new one, you can click on the blue link below to order it..

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory