Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My electric kitchen stove suddenlly quit working, no heat,

My electric kitchen stove suddenlly quit working, no heat, no lights, clock, nothing. Any ideas?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number for your oven so that I can see what would cut out everything on the oven? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's a Fridgidare M# XXXXX

So this model has no fuses or cut outs that would cut everything out. That means you either have a shorted display control board, or the oven is just not getting 240 volts from your house. Check the cooktop. If the cooktop still works, you need a new display board. If the cooktop doesn't work, then pull the oven forward and remove the access panel on the back of the oven where the power cord connects to the oven. Check for any shorted wires. If you have a multimeter test for 240 volts between the 2 outside power wires. Also try to flip the circuit breaker off and back on. If you don't have 240 volts getting to the oven and resetting the breaker doesn't fix the issue, you'll likely need to call a technician out to check the wiring through your house. Below is a link to the control board in case you need it and the cooktop still works.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nothing on the stove works.No lights, nothing.

OK so then your oven is just not getting 240 volts from your house for some reason. You'll need to check the power cord and flip the breaker to the oven off and back on to see if you can reset the power. If you see nothing and nothing works still, you'll need to call an electrician out.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks. Thats what i kind of figured. Great job!!!!

No problem and I wish you only the best.