Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

WAQ28461GB washing machine. E18 message is flashed. Machine

WAQ28461GB washing machine.
E18 message is flashed.
Machine stops during the cycle and warning sound is heard
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So E18 means the washer isn't draining properly. You'll need to remove the lower front access panel below the door along the bottom. There is a 2-3" round hand screw cap behind this panel that you can unscrew counter-clockwise. All the water in the tub will come out so have a wet vac or lots of towels ready. Clean the drain catch behind the round cap and you should be good to go again. If you still have problems, the drain pump would need to be replaced.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have drained the machine although not much water came our. The machine is now on drain mode, working with about 10 minutes left on the cycle. Will be in touch if the wash is interupted again.

OK sounds good and good luck. Hopefully it's working again for some reason.