Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

The dial on my kenmore elite washing machine does not advance

The dial on my kenmore elite washing machine does not advance to the next function. The machine performs all functions if you manually move the dial to that setting but the dial will not change from one function to the next. What is broken? thanks!
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me the model number please from the sticker under the lid or around the door.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model 23032101

Ser CM4622584

Type 111

Ok Ed can you give me a minute to look that model number up please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sure, thanks

Ok Ed thanks for that, it appears the motor on your timer has failed, This is not available separately so the timer will unfortunately need to be replaced. Below I have included a link where you can purchase the timer.

To order your replacement part>>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

I would like to earn your highest rating Ed , if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.